Search & Apply
Residential Support Worker
Are you a caring and compassionate person with the desire to make a positive difference to the lives of our incredible Children & Young people?
What we can offer you as a Childrens Residential Support Worker at Cambian Group
· £10.57 - £11.21 per hour-20-40 hours a week
· Full Time, Part Time and Bank Positions available – Must be able to work 0730 – 2300 hour plus a sleep in.
· £30 Sleep in rate (2-3 sleep ins per week)
· Overtime paid at an enhanced rate
· Shift patterns and Rotas to support your work life balance
· Full enhanced children’s and adults DBS paid for by Cambian Group
· Full Training provided - 10-day paid intensive induction training course, face to face and online learning to support your development starting immediately
· 3-5 paid shadowing shifts working with an experienced Support Worker or Team Leader.
· Working closely and collaborative with clinical and local authorities
· Guaranteed opportunity to be enrolled onto an NVQ Children and Young people’s workforce which is a national recognised qualification within the industry and profession of children’s residential services. This is worth over £6k and fully funded by Cambian Group to support you in progressing your career.
· Free onsite parking, meals and other benefits such as Cycle to work, Dental plans, Casual Dress, Pension scheme, Car leasing scheme, Cambian Rewards full of discounted restaurants and days out for the family!
· Continued support and opportunity for development from your leadership team
The working day can be very unpredictable and you could find yourself doing a variation of duties such as organising activities to attending parental appointments. We are looking for people who are flexible, reliable, adaptable able to read situations to help our young people make positive choices.
· Working on a rota basis (average 172 hours a month full time) plus sleep ins depending on the size of the home. We do understand personal commitments and will be pleased to talk about flexible working
· Meeting the needs of the Children and Young People in line with OFSTED regulations
· Organising and facilitating Social Activities (out of school)
· Maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning shopping etc.)
· Attending & participating in team meetings
. MUST HOLD A UK DRIVING LICENCE
· We are looking for people who have life skills, having experience with children or health and social care would benefit but this NOT essential for us at Cambian as full training and support will be provided
· We are creating a family for our incredible Children & Young people therefore we welcome a diverse culture
We are the Cambian Group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone.
Requirements for an Enhanced DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time. All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Cambian Group employees are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other perceived difference.
we will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.